Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Here I Am Lord
Yesterday during the hymn and prayer service, we (the choir) presented this hymn... Actually I like this hymn a lot and am quite touched by it. Here is the lyrics:
Verse 1
I the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save,
I who made the stars of night
I will make their darkness bright
Who will bear my light to them,
Whom shall I send?
Chorus
Here I am, Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night
I will go, Lord, If You lead me
I will hold Your people in my heart.
Verse 2
I, the Lord of snow and rain
I have borne my people's pain
I have wept for love of them They turn away
I will break their hearts of stone
Give them hearts of love alone
I will speak my word to them,Whom Shall I send? (to chorus)
Verse 3
I, the Lord of wind and flame
I will tend the poor and lame
I will set a feast for them, My hand will save
Finest bread I will provide
Till their hearts be satisfied
I will give my life to them,Whom shall I send? (to chorus)
Here in this song it speaks of the Lord looking for people to be send to take care of His sheeps. When I was learning this hymn, 2 person in the Bible pops into my mind automatically. One was Moses and one was Isaiah.
Moses was in the beginning unwilling to be the one to go to the Israelites to deliver them. But I am sure towards the end of his life, he would have sing this song with full conviction.
Isaiah told the Lord: "Here I am, send me". This song is actually exactly the way Isaiah replied and he too is like Moses sang this hymn with conviction. They are both holy vessels used by the Lord, consecrated to the Lord and their life glorified God.
Today, can we be like Moses and Isaiah sing this song with full conviction that we will go wherever He wants us to, do whatever He wants us too? It is always easy to say that we can, but when the time comes will we? or will we be like the people who told Jesus, wait let me bury my father and I will follow you, or wait let me say good bye to my family then I will follow you? We always hear from the sermons that some people today will tell God, wait, let me earn lots of money first, so that when I am rich enough, I can serve you better. Can we say "Here I am" immediately whenever He needs us?
Today we must take the chance to serve God whenever we can, not whenever it is convenient for me. Always remember, if we do not do the work given to us, it will be given to other who are willing. and we would lose this grace. I know a lot of times we give ourselves excuses that we are too busy, or we are not good enough to do it etc but is this true? I am sure if God give the work to us, He will of course give us the ability to accomplish it.
Hope through this, I am able to learn the right attitude when serving Him, and towards the end of my life, I am able to sing this song in full conviction as Moses and Isaiah. May the Lord guide me in this.
-Peace-
Verse 1
I the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save,
I who made the stars of night
I will make their darkness bright
Who will bear my light to them,
Whom shall I send?
Chorus
Here I am, Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night
I will go, Lord, If You lead me
I will hold Your people in my heart.
Verse 2
I, the Lord of snow and rain
I have borne my people's pain
I have wept for love of them They turn away
I will break their hearts of stone
Give them hearts of love alone
I will speak my word to them,Whom Shall I send? (to chorus)
Verse 3
I, the Lord of wind and flame
I will tend the poor and lame
I will set a feast for them, My hand will save
Finest bread I will provide
Till their hearts be satisfied
I will give my life to them,Whom shall I send? (to chorus)
Here in this song it speaks of the Lord looking for people to be send to take care of His sheeps. When I was learning this hymn, 2 person in the Bible pops into my mind automatically. One was Moses and one was Isaiah.
Moses was in the beginning unwilling to be the one to go to the Israelites to deliver them. But I am sure towards the end of his life, he would have sing this song with full conviction.
Isaiah told the Lord: "Here I am, send me". This song is actually exactly the way Isaiah replied and he too is like Moses sang this hymn with conviction. They are both holy vessels used by the Lord, consecrated to the Lord and their life glorified God.
Today, can we be like Moses and Isaiah sing this song with full conviction that we will go wherever He wants us to, do whatever He wants us too? It is always easy to say that we can, but when the time comes will we? or will we be like the people who told Jesus, wait let me bury my father and I will follow you, or wait let me say good bye to my family then I will follow you? We always hear from the sermons that some people today will tell God, wait, let me earn lots of money first, so that when I am rich enough, I can serve you better. Can we say "Here I am" immediately whenever He needs us?
Today we must take the chance to serve God whenever we can, not whenever it is convenient for me. Always remember, if we do not do the work given to us, it will be given to other who are willing. and we would lose this grace. I know a lot of times we give ourselves excuses that we are too busy, or we are not good enough to do it etc but is this true? I am sure if God give the work to us, He will of course give us the ability to accomplish it.
Hope through this, I am able to learn the right attitude when serving Him, and towards the end of my life, I am able to sing this song in full conviction as Moses and Isaiah. May the Lord guide me in this.
-Peace-
Comments:
<< Home
translate to english or to chinese? and what is CL notes?
hee, you really know how to make use of the chance huh? hee
Post a Comment
hee, you really know how to make use of the chance huh? hee
<< Home
