Thursday, March 16, 2006
"I know who holds tomorrow" Part II

Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden's getting lighter,
Every cloud is silver-lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eye;
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky.
My thoughts on the verse 2 of this hymn: I find that this verse is like describing a very beautiful painting. In this picture there are huge mountains going into the clouds, rainbows and the beautiful sun, it is a picture filled with happiness, a picture of a place where we know we will want to be.
As this verse say, we are climbing the golden stairs. This stairs leads us to the Kingdom of Heaven. I feel that the climbing of this stairs is the journey of us towards Heaven, one that is difficult, full of trials and temptation, one that is not easy to succeed and many people will give up on the way. Only when we preserver to the end then will we reach the top.
I have the experience of climbing a very tall mountain. The journey up is very difficulty, every time we looked up, we will see that there are so much more steps that we need to climb, we are not able to see our destination and the steps just goes on the on. Many a times, I felt like giving up during the climb, feeling very tired and do not know whether I will be able to make it. But knowing that it will be very beautiful at the top, the reward will be great, I preservered on. Along the way, we met with rains, coldness and many other problems, but we continued on... And when we reach the top, looking at the clouds below us, the never ending land that rolled beyond the horizon, the feeling we had is one not easy to describe with words, one of great joy that we have succeeded and many more. (The picture above is one of the pics that we took above this mountain...)
Our journey towards the Kingdom of Heaven is the same, if not much harder, we will meet many trials and temptation along the way. But we must preserver, must trust in the Lord, and He will surely help you, just like this verse of the hymn says that your burden will become lighter, every step with the Lord will bring us closer to the top. So with this knowledge that we have God walking with us, we must all the more be encourage and preserver.
Lets pray for each other that we will trust in the Lord and preserver all the way till we reach the Kingdom of Heaven.
cheers-