Wednesday, March 15, 2006

One of my favourite hymns: "I know who holds tomorrow"


I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.
This is one of my favourite hymns, and each time when i sing it i feel more for the hymn because as we grow up, we will face more and more things in life, and with that comes new understanding. So everytime i sing this hymn, i have new feelings for it.
This is the verse that i know the best (because it is the first verse??), anyway i will speak of my thoughts on each verses, starting from verse 1.
Recently i am facing many difficulties in my life. Many things or problems that were never in my life suddenly appears and because of this i have to think a lot about them, and the decisions that i have to make will affect my whole life in the future. So i have been much troubled and feeling quite low recently, have been trying not to let if affect my daily life and affect my relationships with my friends, so been trying to remain the same outwardly.
Past Tuesday during the hymn and prayer service, we sang this hymn and i was quite touched while i was singing.
The first verse here tells me that the worries that i had are all redundant, because God is always and will always be there to walk with us though our whole life be it times of difficulty or times of joy etc etc. And with Him by our side, the future is not something to be worried about because He will give you the best, the best for you. It may not be one that you like at the beginning, but it will be the best for you.
As it says in the chorus, many things that are happening or that will happen, we may not understand, we do not know why is it happening to us and we are not able to cope up, going to sink, but do know that God is there, holding your hands pulling you up like He pulled Peter out of the water or He is carrying you, and He is doing it yesterday, today and forever.
So with this, i hope that i am able to put my trust in God in all things from now on. It is not easy as it is something that requires much faith and it may take my whole life to learn to do it...
cheers-

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?