Friday, May 26, 2006

Trust


The other day my colleagues and me were having our usual chit chats over breakfast when we came across a topic on trusting your friends.

They were saying that in our life, we should not ever put our trusts on our friends for they will betray us or let us down. The only people we should trust are ourselves according to them.
Then I told them, for me, I have a group of friends that I can trust even my life with (these people of course are my brethrens in Christ), and the replies I got was that I am stupid and naïve, do not understand the world etc.

Well looking at this discussion, I can understand fully why my perspective and that of my colleagues was so different. That is because they do not easily understand the bond that our church members have. Just a word of greeting, and praising the Lord together with “Hallelujah” then we become like friends that have known each other for life, this is because we are all in the love of God. This trust that we have is based on the love of God.

For example I know of a sister who went Myanmar for a holiday, when her colleagues asked her where was she going to stay, this sister’s reply was with some church friends in Myanmar. This colleague of hers was surprise that this sister could trust someone that she have not even met before in her life and kept discouraging her from it. But to us it seems perfectly normal and alright.

Of course in saying this, it does not mean that we just go about trusting everyone in church, there are always bad sheep, we must still be careful. What I am saying is that through the love of God, we have now people who we can safely trust even our life in, and this bond is not one easily found in the world.

So I will like to give thanks to our Lord for the brethrens around me, hope that just like I am able to trust them in everything, they are able to trust me too.

God bless.

-Peace-


Comments:
I agree! But on the other hand, i trust everybody:) My friends say i'm the gong gong type... I suppose so since i always kena cheated. Still, i trust my church friends with my life if there is a need to coz we are one in a family!
 
sob sob.... i failed...
 
this is the latest fashion mah, everytime just patches of black on white boring mah... sob sob
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?