Friday, January 26, 2007
Theolo 2006
Haha, long time have not update this site liao… Was not able to access here from company, but today I checked again, wahlaa, can :)
Though a bit late, but I will like to write about Theolo last year :)
Actually through the whole year, I never thought that I would be able to go for the theolo last year coz I did not have many days of leave left, used up most of them in my holiday to Australia in June. But thank God, as dec approaches, I managed to get approval from my boss for unpaid leaves, and with what I had left of my annual leaves, I had enough days to attend part time for the Youth Theolos.
This theolo we had about 70 over participants, and about 30 for the youth theolos. There was not many foreigners this time, maybe only about 10?
And the lessons were taught by Pr. Daniel Chin (Power Chin) and Pr. Lee Di Ming. Pr. Chin taught Proverbs and personal evangelism and Pr. Lee taught Synoptic Gospels. This year I feel that I learnt especially much because the assignments given by Pr. Lee are very tough, thus needing us to spend a lot a lot of time at the Library researching in order to do the assignments and so in terms we learnt much more. And the way Power Chin taught his lessons were very lively and thus leaving great impressions of what was taught till even now “)
I also feel most of the brothers attending the youth theolo are very close to each other this year. Maybe of the stupid and illegal things we did together and we learnt what it means by “Stolen water is sweet” as mentioned in Proverbs :P Jie Rui will agree :) haha.
But it was a very tiring theolo for me coz I did not manage to catch much sleep throughout the 2 weeks. Each day only maybe at most 4 hours of sleep, coz first week was rushing to do the evangelistic program sheets and powerpoint (if Hao did not help me, I think it would not even get any sleep) and 2nd week was rushing the assignments… haha, so much so that during the last 3 days I totally knocked out in the evenings, the last Friday, Ashton was not feeling quite well so he rested in the dorm, so after dinner before service, I went up to wake him up for the service, but instead I fell asleep and only woke up at 12am :) and for the next 2 days I did the same, I would go to sleep after dinner and wake up at about 12am to do assignments, haha.
Anyway it was fun throughout all the days, and because all of us were always in the Library, it became a very very noisy and messy place, noisy due to Hao and me (but mainly Princess)… And messy due to the self proclaimed princess :)
Got to know a few more people this time, “You can” Steven from Perth (one more person I know from perth), Kang Fei, Jonathan (from Sembawang?) etc and got to know some much much much better like Jie Rui, Princess “)
Taking a page out of Princess’s bloh, I will like to write a list of things that have left great impressions in me from the theolo:
- Victor always sleep in class
- Forbidden fruits
- “You can, I can”
- Shi and his flying tissue box, I think Jie Rui will remember this always too…
- The very very very difficult assignments
- The hymn singing and group presentations
- Princess and her knight, or is it eunuch? Wait should be courts Jester……
- Walking into lib to find it so messy, I still wonder how come princess got so many things to fill one of the table in Lib???
- Hao and his “Feng You” (for Feng zhi)
- Power Chin and his powers “)
- Pr Lee and his ability to put people to sleep :P
- Always asking Shi and Ash who is Li Li and Kai Li (even though they are in my duty group)
- Finally understand what is the full power of “Emotional Sentimental Rocks” :)
- Nick and Kyn leaving Singapore to Canada :’(
- When we sing “Wu Hui Jian Zhu Mian” and Mag’s reactions to it, right Ash?
- Being called Ah Qian and others with names like Ah Hao, Ban Zhang (Class monitor), Ah Zhen etc
and many others things that happened “)
Hope that I will have chance to attend the theolos again and maybe go to the Aussie theolo too?? Hee.
-Peace-
Below are some pictures to share: 
Farewell for Nick and Kyn
Doing Assignments
Dedicated to Victor (intereted to know why? ask him yourself)
Brothers
Foreigners presentation. Dun ask me why shi and me inside.
Jie Rui's stopover
not long 'til u're a student again...take care!
Have not talked to you for a long time.
Yup going to be again soon, hope i can cope up :)
and you? started working already?
you take care too.
Cheers-
LQ
<< Home






